"The best defense is a good offense."
-quote often attributed to Sun Tzu, Niccolo Machiavelli, Carl von Clausewitz, and Mao Zedong
Often success rests on neutralizing the enemy's ability to attack. If, in investing, the enemy is a highly uncertain and sometimes hostile global market environment, then, as we believe, the best counter-approach is a deliberate and thoughtfully executed growth strategy that emphasizes equity investments.
Today’s dynamic and complex global markets present a challenge for busy executives, professionals and business owners who lack the time and timely access to information needed to effectively manage and optimize their investments. At PGWM, we employ Discretionary Managed Investment Portfolios to relieve our clients of the daily demands associated with managing sizable assets while pursuing their personal investment objectives.
Our investment managers expertly construct customized portfolios based on your return objectives, risk preferences and time horizon. Working from your personal investment strategy, we select suitable investments from the entire spectrum of equities to create an asset allocation that reflects your investment profile.
Our active management ensures that your portfolio is constantly monitored to evaluate its suitability as market conditions change. Through regular performance reporting, you are kept apprised, allowing you to focus on other priorities.
For busy executives, professionals and business owners, a Discretionary Managed Investment Portfolio offers many advantages, including:
- Expert diversification: Discretionary portfolios enable you to achieve the optimum diversification based on your return objectives and risk preferences.
- Maintaining a long-term view: With short-term macro-events buffeting the markets each day, your investment manager is able to maintain a longer-term view, targeting your specific investment objectives.
- Disciplined investment process: Once an investment strategy is initiated, your investment manager will adhere to it, which ensures it is managed in a consistent manner and in accordance with your guidelines.
- Eliminates behavioral biases: Perhaps the most significant advantage of a discretionary managed portfolio is that it acts as a firewall against the typical, emotionally-driven biases that work against investors’ interests.
- Reduced investment costs: Our advisory fee is all inclusive which means you do not pay separately for investment transaction costs incurred in the management of your portfolio.
The investment objective of the PGWM Equity Portfolio (the "Portfolio") is to achieve long-term appreciation for its clients’ portfolios. The Portfolio pursues this objective by investing primarily in a diversified blend of domestic and foreign equity securities comprised of common stocks, preferred stocks, convertible securities, American Depository Receipts, and index-linked instruments such as exchange-traded funds.
The Portfolio may invest in the securities of companies of any size, but primarily considers companies with market capitalizations of at least $2 billion. The focus is on companies believed to have above average long-term appreciation potential and/or dominance in a particular industry or market segment. In selecting specific securities for the Portfolio, both fundamental and technical analyses are utilized and include:
- Company earnings and debt ratios
- Product innovations and competitive advantages
- Quality of management and operations
- Macro-market sentiment
- Volatility measures
- Historical price/volume movements
The Portfolio may also consider special situations with unique opportunities for growth, such as companies emerging from or substantial litigation, and those undertaking extraordinary corporate actions.
Although the Portfolio’s objective is long-term capital appreciation, we will evaluate its existing investments and screen for new opportunities on a daily basis. Investment holdings may be trimmed or sold when upside or downside thresholds are reached, a more attractive alternative security is identified, or if adverse circumstances warrant a change.